- Acceptance Feedback
FIRST YEAR: Just Starting Out
The minimum requirement to enter an AFDA Bachelors degree is a National Senior Certificate (matric) or National Certificate (Vocational) with exemption/admission to bachelor's degree, or equivalent.
OR the student may write an Entrance Exam at AFDA
- National Senior Certificate (South African Grade 12 / Matric) with endorsement for entry into a Bachelor’s degree.
- You may enter an AFDA Undergraduate degree if you have successfully completed an AFDA Higher Certificate course.
- The National Skills Certificate / National Certificate (Vocational) (NCV) on NQF level 4 with 3 fundamental subjects (incl English) above 60% and 4 vocational subjects above 70%.
- A technical N5 certificate with 4 subjects passed on N5 level incl Maths and English.
- The ACE School of Tomorrow (Accelerated Christian Education) on an achievement level similar to matric exemption.
- If you don’t have matric exemption but have passed the first year of an accredited programme on NQF 6 or 7 (first year of a diploma or degree).
- Should you not have any of the above, you may be able to qualify to complete and pass the AFDA Entrance Exam
- If you do not have matric exemption, but are 23 years or older, you can apply for exemption to study a degree at AFDA with HESA.
- Please contact your nearest AFDA campus to find out more.
SECOND YEAR: Recognised Prior Learning
You need to have completed your first year degree studies at a recognised institution and have a portfolio or evidence of work to motivate your discipline choices. You will also have to have a full interview.
- A Certified copy of SAQA Certificate of Evaluation of the applicant’s International qualifications is required for acceptance into AFDA programmes
- International qualifications can take up work and study opportunities in South Africa.
- International applicants may be required to do the AFDA Entrance Exam in order to be assessed for entry into AFDA’s programmes
How do I apply?
- Enquiry: Request more information
- Apply: Complete the online application to study at AFDA
- Acceptance Feedback: Wait up to 10 working days to receive feedback on your application
- Consultation: Visit us for a campus tour on an Open Day or book a *consultation on a weekday [Optional] *Available via skype.
- Register: Once you have received your acceptance letter into your chosen course, pay your registration fee to secure your place to study at AFDA
- Enrol: Complete your enrollment during the stipulated Enrolment Window for your chosen course
Application days will be on 24 March & 18 August 2018 (Arrive by 10.am)
1st Time Enroling Student Fees: Total R84 750
Returning Student Fee: Total R82 800
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT LEVY: R16 500
All 1st time enroling students will need to pay the International Levy upfront before enrolment. This does not apply to Sub-Sahara African countries.
AFDA PAYMENT PLANS
- 100% of Total Fees (fully inclusive of Registration, Enrolment and Course fees) payable upfront during the course-relevant Enrolment window or by 31 January 2018.
- Registration and Enrolment fees payable upfront upon or before completing enrolment for the course. Thereafter 50% of the Course fee is payable by or before 31 January 2018, and the remaining 50% of the Course fee is payable by or before 31 March 2018.
- Extended payment plan: 3-9 month credit application subject to credit approval based on NCR regulations. A R1100 (non-refundable) administration fee will be charged on application submission. For further information, please contact the finance department. If the payment deadline is not adhered to the student will be denied access to the campus and learning programme.
To apply for a refund, follow the refund policy in the Academic Yearbook.
REGISTRATION FEE REFUND APPLICATION PROCEDURE DUE TO NON-ENROLMENT:
Should you choose not to enrol at AFDA you may formally apply in writing to the AFDA Finance Department on or before FRIDAY 16 FEBRUARY 2018 for a refund of your paid registration fee up to a maximum of R4,000. This application must include a copy of the proof of payment, the full details of the account to where the refund needs to be paid and a confirmation in writing of the Applicant Name and Student Number to which this refund of registration fee applies. Further details may be requested upon application. This application will only be considered if submitted on or before FRIDAY 16 FEBRUARY 2018 for registration fees which were paid in full.
FINANCIAL LIABILITY UPON CANCELLATION OF STUDIES - NON-REFUNDABLE FEES:
The following fees are not refundable under any circumstances:
- Registration fees;
- Enrolment fees;
- International levies;
- Cancellation of studies after the expiry of:
- 21 days from the start of the AFDA academic year for new students.
- 7 days from the start of the AFDA academic year for returning students.
The following fees are refundable in respect of academic fees only:
- 100% If a 1st Time student withdraw on or before twenty-one (21) consecutive days from the first (1st) day of the AFDA academic year (i.e. the 1st day of term 1)
- 100% If a returning student withdraw on or before seven (7) consecutive days from the first (1st) day of the AFDA academic year (i.e. the 1st day of term 1).
REQUIRED PAYMENT REFERENCE: Student Number + Name
Please ensure to furnish a copy of the proof of payment to the relevant campus and department via email and/or hard copy.
2018 ENROLMENT DATES:
Returning & First Time Student Enrolment Window: 22 January - 27 January 2018 - Applies to BA Undergrad students
Returning & First Time Student Enrolment Window: 29 January - 3 February 2018 - Applies to Post Grad/Honours students
*Note: Any student permitted to enrol after the designated enrolment window will be required to pay a Late Enrolment Fee of R950 upfront upon enrolling.
CAMPUS BANKING DETAILS & CONTACT INFORMATION
PORT ELIZABETH CAMPUS BANK DETAILS:
ABSA Bank, Acc. No.: 4089 173 721
Branch No.: 632-005, Swift No.: ABSAZAJJ
Pay Reference: Student No. & Last Name
PORT ELIZABETH CAMPUS CONTACT DETAILS:
28 Bird Street, Central, 6006,
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Tel +27 41 582 1266 | firstname.lastname@example.org