How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
Students will be expected to focus on ONE of the genres as their major project outcome and specific to degree choice and discipline focus.
- 24-minute Documentary film
- 24-minute Dramatic Narrative Film
- 24-minute Pilot programme for Television OR Acting: Two minute stage productions or one stage production and a developmental role in a 24-minute dramatic narrative screen production
ii. Musical Performance: Two minute musical performance shows with associated album release or music video
THEORY AND RESEARCH
The core foundations of theoretical learning is centred on five components of Core Course, which include:
- Narrative: Engaging narrative concepts
- Performance: Human Behaviour
- Medium: The Instruments of Media Production
- Aesthetics: Design for Narrative Expression v. Control: The Market and the Product
DISCPLINE FOCUS (PRACTICAL & THEORETICAL)
Screenwriting; directing; producing; production design; costume makeup and styling; cinematography; sound design; editing; visual FX; media music production; animation directing; television writing; television production; screen acting, stage acting, musical performance
* Discipline selection is dependent on availability per campus
* Discipline selection and group-based project outcomes are dependent on discipline spread of enrolled students
METHODS OF STUDENT ASSESSMENT
At the end of the program the student submits an academic thesis and will have completed a practical production outcome. • Thesis topics may align with discipline focus.
What jobs will I qualify for?
UNIVERSITY OF THE FREE STATE DRAMA & THEATRE ARTS
UNIVERSITY OF THE FREE STATE NATURAL & AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
UNIVERSITY OF THE FREE STATE VISTA CAMPUS